ARE YOU A MOOTER?
As the creator of Moot, I am a “mooter”. I’m Captain Mooter. Not everyone can be a mooter. It's a matter of how you see the universe and the roles you play in it – real or imaginary. Please watch me in the video above as I animate my many mooting heads. And see more examples and our current submissions below.
Create Your Own Mooting Head Video
See current entries below.
One mooting head is all you need, but more are welcome. Mooting heads can come in any form, attached to a body or not - as live action video, animated photos of your self or your friends, or drawings, digital art, collage, mixed media… it’s your choice, just get that head mooting.
WINNERS – ALL ENTRIES accepted into the contest WIN a copy of the first printed, limited edition Moot Mag and exposure on all the MootMagMovie online portals.
First Prize: $500
Second Prize: $250
Third Prize: $100
Make Your Video Original, Supernatural, Funny, Scary, Shocking
Use Provided AUDIO FILES - Download Below
There are lots of fun CHARACTER VOICES mooting. Play through the files to find your favorite bits. Mix and match to go with your characters. You are also free to use your own recorded audio.
- Submit as many unique mooting heads as you like.
- Videos should be between 5 and 60 seconds long.
- Judging will take place by a panel of industry professionals.
- Submissions accepted immediately.
- Judging begins once 50 mooting heads have been accepted and appear on MootMagMovie.com.
You must have rights to all images, video and music that occur in your video. Moot is all about being a bit weird, but no pornographic or any other inappropriate material accepted.
Submit Links to your mooting head video for acceptance and for more info:
Be sure to register so we can keep in touch.
Ryan aka: Captain Mooter
Mooting Head Video Contest – OFFICIAL RULES:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the MootMagMovie.com Video Contest (“Contest”), visit MootMagMovie.com from 12:01:00 on December 1, 2010 through 11:59:59 on December 1, 2012, and submit a link to your video which can be uploaded to any other video portal for initial review. To be eligible, video submissions may not exceed 60 seconds in duration. Accepted video will need to be uploaded to Moot as a Quicktime video file.
- Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Moot. Moot is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification.
- All accepted entries become the sole property of Moot and will not be returned. By entering, contestants agree to abide by these rules, and represent and warrant that their entries are their original works, do not violate the rights of any third party, and grant to Sponsor the right to video, edit, publish, promote and otherwise use their entries without further permission, notice or compensation except where prohibited by law.
- Every 50 videos accepted and received will be judged by a qualified panel of judges selected by Moot. In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided based upon originality/creativity.
- The decisions of the judges and Moot with respect to the selection of the winners, and in regard to all matters relating to this Contest, shall be final.
- Winners will be notified by email, telephone and/or mail.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $250
- Third Prize: $100
- Honorable Mention
- The winning submissions will be posted on-line without the further permission of winner unless prohibited by law.
- In the event that there are an insufficient number of qualified entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize.
The Contest is open to all life forms in the universe.
- Employees and their immediate family members living in the same household, of Moot, their parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or the agencies of any of them are not eligible for this Contest.
- No cash substitution, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In event of unavailability, Moot may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses, including taxes, (if any) on receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release, including copyright assignment for the submission, which must be returned within fourteen days (14) of notification or another winner will be selected.
- By accepting the prize the winner grants to Moot the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information and submission in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on Moot’s website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- By entering this contest, entrants release Moot, subsidiaries, affiliates, from any liability, injuries, damages, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in relation to participation in this Contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
- Any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of California, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in Los Angeles County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.